Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Raspberry Brie Bites

Some good friends were hosting a rooftop BBQ downtown and asked me to bring some treats.  I'd been eyeing these on Pintrest, so decided to give them a go. I'm so glad I did, as they are delicious!! Rather labour intensive, so...








Raspberry Brie Bites

Ingredients:
Brie cheese - enough to cut 32 small bites.
Puff Pastry - a package with 2 rolls, or enough to make 32 squares.
Raspberries
Jam/fruit preserve

Method:
Pre-prepare the cheese by cutting the 32 pieces. Keep in fridge to maintain consistency.

Roll out half of the dough, using some flour on the rolling surface and rolling pin to avoid sticking.  Cut into 4, and then 4 again. Eventually you will have 32 squares.

Dollop jam into the center of the pastry. Then add a raspberry and a piece of brie.

Decide how you want to 'close' the pastries. I found bunching up all 4 corners, using some water, to be the most efficient. Another method would be to create mini turnovers.   Be sure to press the edges of pastry togther very tightly.

Bake at 400 for 15 minutes. Watch carefully - the pastry edges will separate and the jam and cheese tends to run 'out' of the pastries. The firmer you press the pastry edges together, the better.

Cool for a few minutes, and then serve warm.

Observations:
I made these with boysenberry jam, my favourite. They were delicious warm. I had to serve them cold at the BBQ, but people still seemed to enjoy them.

1 comment: